I don’t know about you but I LOVE listening to music. Whether I’m in the car, cleaning house, or in the nursery with Josie, I have to have some sort of music playing. I don’t pay for Sirius XM and we hardly have any good radio stations in our area so I have Spotify Premium on my phone. It is so handy because I can plug my phone into speakers at the house or my aux cord in the car and listen to whatever I want without needing wifi. Lifesaver!
I tend to find 3 to 5 new songs at a time that I become obsessed with. I will listen to them over and over and then a few weeks later find new songs to sing. Sometimes, however, I never get tired of a song and below is a list of just those-my favorite worship songs!
- It Is Well by Kristene Dimarco and Bethel Music
- Call on Jesus by Nicole C. Mullen
- My Story by Big Daddy Weave
- Defender by Francesca Battistelli
- Blessed Assurance by Elevation Worship
- My Hallelujah by Bryan & Katie Torwalt
- Faithful by Sarah Reeves
- Stand in Your Love by Bethel Music and Josh Baldwin
- What A Beautiful Name by Hillsong Worship
- Because He Lives by David Crowder Band
If you didn’t notice, a few of those songs were old hymns that artists re-wrote. I grew up singing songs out of a red hymnal, and I think those songs will always resonate the most with me. Of course, we don’t have to listen to our favorite song to find reasons to worship, but sometimes when a certain song comes on, you just feel it. I hope you can add these songs to your playlist or give me some of your own to add to mine!
“Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.” Psalm 95:1