We are just days away from Valentine’s Day and I thought I’d share some ways we can show love to those around us. I know Valentine’s Day is mostly celebrated by couples, but I always think of it as another day to show everyone some extra love. Whether we admit it or not, it feels good to receive a card or just to know someone is thinking of us. Here is a short list of ways you can show those around you that you care this Valentines Day, which is Thursday, btw!
“Do everything with love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14
- Pay for someone’s coffee behind you
- Buy chocolates for a coworker
- Leave a card in the mailbox for the mailman
- Donate clothes to charity
- Bake cookies for a neighbor
- Volunteer at a school Valentine’s Day party
- Make a homemade card for a friend
- Take flowers to a nursing home
- Take balloons to a hospital
- Post on someone’s facebook page
“This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.” John 15:12
The ideas I listed above are all very small ways to show love. It might not seem like much, but sometimes the smallest acts of kindness we do can make the biggest difference. So, even if celebrating Valentines Day means nothing to you, consider reaching out to someone this year in a different way. If for no other reason than we are called to love each other; it is the greatest commandment! You’ll be surprised to find that you get just as much out of it as the person on the receiving end.
Have a wonderful Valentines Day!